I usually spend my Fridays catching up on my e-mails, studies, and perhaps, a nice run. It's my day to decompress and have some quiet time.
I spent this Friday with a group of sarcastic plumbers, as they tried to determine the best way to tear apart my yard and my house, in a quest to find out why our sewer line won't drain.
It began with one plumber, and his plumbers' snake, who found the first of several blockages. He called an estimator, who called in a crew, who called miss utility, a supervisor, and a backhoe. Before you could say "flush" there were five guys tearing up our yard, digging 20 foot holes and taking pictures of roots. They were taking picutres (just for fun), and saying things like "wow, this is almost as bad as that Glen Burnie job we did three years ago." I can only assume that some other poor schlub will be going through the same thing six months ago, with someone talking about that "Ellicott City job we did back then. Geesh, we really messed up that guy's basement."
That's right, basement. It's now the basement they're working on. And now as I write this, the jackhammering has started. It's 7:47 am. I feel really bad for my neighbors. Its day two of this insanity. I just want to use the bathroom again.
I spent this Friday with a group of sarcastic plumbers, as they tried to determine the best way to tear apart my yard and my house, in a quest to find out why our sewer line won't drain.
It began with one plumber, and his plumbers' snake, who found the first of several blockages. He called an estimator, who called in a crew, who called miss utility, a supervisor, and a backhoe. Before you could say "flush" there were five guys tearing up our yard, digging 20 foot holes and taking pictures of roots. They were taking picutres (just for fun), and saying things like "wow, this is almost as bad as that Glen Burnie job we did three years ago." I can only assume that some other poor schlub will be going through the same thing six months ago, with someone talking about that "Ellicott City job we did back then. Geesh, we really messed up that guy's basement."
That's right, basement. It's now the basement they're working on. And now as I write this, the jackhammering has started. It's 7:47 am. I feel really bad for my neighbors. Its day two of this insanity. I just want to use the bathroom again.
There is the issue of getting the backhoe back up the hill. Those of you familiar with our house understand that there is a steep hill around the side, and if you can tell from the picture, the backhoe is about 6 feet below the retaining wall, which will need to go through our neighbor's yard (it rained about an inch in the last 24 hours). This isn't good.

1 comment:
I too agree with you Stan. I needed to use the bathroom just as bad as you did. and the worst part was how hailey just kept barking and barking and barking....
Post a Comment