10.01.2008

Coffee Break

Taking a quick break to nuke another cup of coffee. While the rest of the world is at work, or playing pickleball down in Florida, I'm on my third cup of java, reading research methods. It's been quite an interesting week. I made a presentation in my Public Affairs Reporting class on Monday, that made about as much sense as Gov. Palin's interview with Katie Couric. "Well, the use of sources, in general is important, but also not important because you have to consider the bias or individuals who want to protect their identity, but when what happens in the streets is different than newsroom policies, and then they don't trust you with information in the future, but when a journalist is working on a beat blah blah blah Russia is close to Alaska so therefore I'm a expert on homeland security". I sometimes record my presentations so I can listen to them, but this one I just skipped.
It's funny, I can speak at a seminar with 200 photographers and have some issues, but a class of glassy-eyed college kids, and I turn into a babbling moron. Oh well. I'm off the hook for presentations in class until October 15th, so I can relax I guess.
Back to research methods. Ten more pages and I'm done with that for this morning. I have another article to read after my History class at 2 today. One day, I'm going to add up all of the pages I've read, just as an exercise in quantitative research. Now, that's really nerdy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be careful Stan, too much caffeine can shrink your testicles.
This must be true I because I heard it on the news.