News is change.
That's what makes it compelling. It makes life compelling.
Nobody would notice if there was no novelty, no surprise. No change.
Who would watch our newscast if we had nothing to say?
Change is what makes life interesting. You can't fear it, you have to embrace it.
Today was a big change- I am in the midst of re-inventing myself in the world of higher education. My last official day as a full time television news photographer has come and gone.
12 years -to the day- after my first day on the job, in Dayton Ohio.
So now, it's going back to the classroom- some days I will be the teacher, and others- as one of my fellow students said- "one of the old guys in the class". (Me, an old guy?!? I get carded for buying a lottery ticket)
I hope to use this space to keep in touch with my family and friends, and just make sure that you know I'm getting by.
I'm not putting the camera down- I'm just rethinking how I'm going to use it.

1 comment:
I want to comment! I am soooooo PROUD of you. Best Wishes on taking this path of your fork in the road! Follow your dreams!
Post a Comment