8.19.2008

FAQs

As you may have guessed, I have been hearing a lot of the same questions over the last few weeks since we made the news public. I understand it is a lot to comprehend, so I will do my best to help make sense of it all.

Are you going to live in a dorm?
No, I don't think my wife would care for that very much. However, I will try to relieve my dorm room experience from my undergrad, and sleep in a closet with no airconditioning, and salsa music blaring in the room next door. That seems reasonable.

Are you going to be like Indiana Jones, and leave the classroom in order to shoot a big emergency assignment?
Well, I suppose anything is possible. If I get a call from a producer asking for a camera to head out to west Africa and document... oh, heck I haven't watched an entire Indiana Jones movie (pretty lame of me, I know) so I'm not really sure how to answer it, but it does seem kind of cool. I am leaving time out of my schedule to freelance and perhaps, once I find my feet, get a camera and really start striking out on my own.

I always wanted to do this- aren't you scared?
Uh... why should I be scared? Is there something I don't know?

Wow, you're going to drive down to DC every day? You're going to hate the traffic! (not really a question, more of a comment)
Fortunately, I have managed to schedule most of my job responsibilities and classes around any potential traffic jams, and The Price is Right. That's still on, isn't it?

What's your thesis going to be on?
Next question.

Can you get me basketball tickets?
Can I get me basketball tickets? I'm not really sure, but I am going to try.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you get me on the list at the Tri Sig party next week?