So the guys from back home got together and got 5 seats to Sunday's World Series game. I won't publish here how much money they cost, but I will say that the cost of just one of them was more than a lot of people's mortgage.
I was offered a seat, waffled on it (for a looong time) but just couldn't pull the trigger. Luckly, Peter found another buyer quickly, who will no doubt catch the series ending homerun, just like some poor schlub in Toronto back in 1993 probably gave up his seat and someone else caught Joe Carters (sorry to bring that name up again).
So, I will be eagerly watching the game from my TV set, writing papers and reading up on my classes. Eight weeks to go before my 7 week vacation. Still, reminds me of the time that I missed the 76ers playoff game that the guys got tickets too. And Chuck made a sign, with a cartoon Manute Bol saying mocking my not attending the game.
I'll make it to the parade. One way or another.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment